It’s Thursday night in America, you know what that means….Knit Night! Woot! Your knit night can be any night you want and in fact we would like to help you find or organize one. With the debut of two of our three knit alongs (KAL’s) it is now time to debut #knitnightinamerica!
So what is a knit night? Knit night is where you gather with your best knitting buddies either at a local yarn shop, coffee house or at your own house. You gather around a couple of snacks and enjoy each others company! Sometimes you show off your favorite just finished pieces, other times you work on your next big project or other times you ask your besties for help picking out your next project.
We would love to meet your Knit Night crew! So please email me firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a list of questions about your knit night ! We would also like to compile a list of local yarn shops that host knit night so please let us know that as well !
This weeks #knitnightinamerica treat is a Red Raspberry Pie. It is super easy to make and is quite delicious!
Recipe: Red Raspberry Pie
- Pie crust for 2 crust 9 inch pie (store bought or homemade)
- 3 cups fresh red raspberries or 3 cups thawed frozen raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Line 9 inch pie plate with pie crust
- Mix raspberries, sugar, dash of salt and cornstarch gently
- Dot with butter
- Place on lattice crust or top pie crust
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40-50 minutes
- Serve to your favorite knit night crew warm or room temperature! Always good with a dollop of whip cream or a good vanilla ice cream
Happy Knitting and Baking!